As part of our international team of support engineers, you will be responsible for handling Tier-1 support calls coming from our customers, which can be located anywhere in the world.
Our engineers are expected to solve issues that may include:
- Specific satellite-related problems
- Stabilized antenna issues
- Generic RF issues (cabling, interference etc.) right down to VoIP & networking problems
- Onboard application issues
From our main Teleport site in Palma de Mallorca, you will have access to an extensive IT & monitoring infrastructure, including advanced Remote Access & reporting systems as well as analysis tools. The team will work in shifts according to an around the clock roster. All calls are processed in a ticketing system.
The objective of our support-mission is that 80% of the incoming calls should be able to be resolved by the support engineers on duty. In case of very specific & complex problems, a case may be escalated to one of our Tier-2 specialists.
Candidates with a strong academic background in a relevant subject (Telecommunications Engineering, Satellite engineering, IT/Networking or computers/programming).
Excellent command of English (written & verbal)
Strong communication skills with a client-focused attitude
Ability for logical thinking and systematic trouble-shooting
The ideal candidate would have experience in one or more of the following fields, although we also take into account candidates without previous experience (recent graduates):
- Practical “hands on” knowledge of IT networking concepts & fundamentals (routing, switching, wireless networking) at least at the level comparable to the Cisco CCNA certification. Familiarity with more advance subjects like VoIP & security would be a pro.
- Experience with operating and/or installing iDirect satellite networks (or comparable technologies)
- Experience with installing and/or operating stabilized satellite antenna systems (such as Seatel, Orbit, KNS, Intellian)
- General RF knowledge (radio communication links, RF engineering, antennas, linkbudgets, microwaves, etc.)
Affinity with the maritime aspects would be a pro
Willing to participate in internal and external training courses (Cisco CCxx, iDirect, Seatel…)
Willing to relocate to Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Resident or citizen of a EU country, able to start immediate employment by OmniAccess in Palma without requiring any visa or work-permit.
Willing to work in shifts: 24/7/365 roster with morning, afternoon and night shifts
• Work in a very friendly while demanding environment where you will learn about communications technology and services for maritime and yachting applications.
• Be part of a dynamic team always interested on improving customer service and employee satisfaction.
• Continuous training and possibilities for further growth as the company expands.
• Be part of an international team from different backgrounds that appreciates diversity and is based in a Technology Business Park in Palma de Mallorca.
Envía un correo electrónico a email@example.com a la atención de Servei SOIB Empreses con tu CV, carta de presentación y otros documentos pertinentes, en caso de ser solicitados por la empresa anunciante en la descripción de la oferta.
El asunto del correo debe ser 'Oferta laboral SOIB Tornam: Noc Support Engineer".