Position: NOC Support Engineer
As part of our international team of support engineers, you will be responsible for handling Tier-1 support calls coming from our customers, which can be located anywhere in the world. Our engineers are expected to solve issues that may include:
- Specific satellite-related problems
- Stabilized antenna issues
- Generic RF issues (cabling, interference etc.) right down to VoIP & networking problems
- Onboard application issues
From our main Teleport site in Palma de Mallorca, you will have access to an extensive IT & monitoring infrastructure, including advanced Remote Access & reporting systems as well as analysis tools. The team will work in shifts according to an around the clock roster. All calls are processed in a ticketing system.
The objective of our support-mission is that 80% of the incoming calls should be able to be resolved by the support engineers on duty. In case of very specific & complex problems, a case may be escalated to one of our Tier-2 specialists.
- Candidate with a strong academic background in a relevant subject (Telecommunications Engineering, Satellite engineering or IT/Networking Degree).
- Excellent command of English (written & verbal)
- Strong communication skills with a client-focused attitude
- Ability for logical thinking and systematic trouble-shooting
- The ideal candidate would have knowledge/experience in one or more of the following fields, although we also consider candidates without professional experience (recent graduates):
- Practical “hands on” knowledge of IT networking concepts & fundamentals (routing, switching, wireless networking) at least at the level comparable to the Cisco CCNA certification. Familiarity with more advance subjects like VoIP & security would be a pro.
- Experience with operating and/or installing iDirect satellite networks (or comparable technologies)
- Experience with installing and/or operating stabilized satellite antenna systems (such as Seatel, Orbit, KNS, Intellian)
- General RF knowledge (radio communication links, RF engineering, antennas, linkbudgets, microwaves, etc.)
- Experience with the major Microsoft OS’s and applications (Exchange etc.)
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Affinity with the maritime aspects would be a pro
- Willing to participate in internal and external training courses (Cisco CCxx, iDirect, Seatel…)
- Willing to relocate to Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Willing to work in shifts: 24/7/365 roster with morning, afternoon and night shifts
Relocation to Mallorca is required.
OmniAccess will provide you with housing for the initial period of one month (shared apartment).
- 40 hours per week: 24/7/365 roster with morning, afternoon and night shifts.
- You have 22 working days at your disposal (holidays).
- In principle additionally worked hours/days will be compensated on a “time for time” basis.
Private health insurance (DKV).
You will receive an additional monthly fee for evening, night and weekend shifts.
Continuous training and up-skilling, professional growth and progression.
Permanent contract after six months.
A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and non-compete clause will form part of the employment contract.
Envia un correu electrònic a email@example.com a l'atenció de Servei SOIB Empreses amb el teu CV, carta de presentació i altres documents pertinents, en cas de ser sol·licitats per l'empresa anunciant en la descripció de l'oferta.
L'assumpte del correu ha de ser 'Oferta laboral SOIB Tornam: NOC Engineer (Satellite & Network Communications) ".